Bethany Helvig, MD, FACS
- 1982 – Bachelors degrees in Biology and Chemistry from Yankton College
- 1984 – Masters degree in Biochemistry from The University of South Dakota
- 1988 – Doctorate of Medicine degree from The University of South Dakota
- General Surgery at Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center in Aurora, CO
- 1993 – General Surgery pre-specialty training at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
- 1996 – Residency in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery from Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- 1998 – Chief Otolaryngologist at Ireland Community Hospital, Ft. Knox, KY
- 1998 - 2003 – Ear, Nose & Throat, PC, Sioux Falls, SD
- 2003 - Present – Midwest Ear, Nose & Throat, Sioux Falls, SD
Dr. Helvig is Board Certified in the field of otorhinolaryngology and is a Fellow Member of the American College of Surgeons. Her primary interests are head and neck surgery and cancer management. She also diagnoses and treats allergies, balance disorders, sleep apnea and performs endocrine surgery, including the thyroid, parathyroid and pituitary gland.